Janet Jackson is an American pop singer. She is known for a series of sonically innovative, socially conscious and sexually provocative records, as well as elaborate stage shows, television and film roles, she has been a prominent figure in popular culture for over 25 years. She is the youngest child of the Jackson family.
She became a pop icon following the release of her third studio album Control. She collaborated with record producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis to incorporate elements of rhythm and blues, funk, disco, rap, and industrial beats in popular music. She has received recognition for the innovation in her records, choreography, music videos, and prominence on radio airplay and MTV.
Having sold over 100 million records, she is ranked as one of the best-selling artists in the history of contemporary music. The Recording Industry Association of America lists her as the eleventh best-selling female artist in the United States, with 26 million certified albums. One of the world's most awarded artists, her longevity, records and achievements reflect her influence in shaping and redefining the scope of popular music. She has been cited as an inspiration among numerous performers.
- Control The Videos — A&M Records [VHS, Laserdisc]
- Control The Videos Part II — A&M Records [VHS, Laserdisc]
- Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 — A&M Records [VHS, Laserdisc]
- The Rhythm Nation Compilation — A&M Records [VHS, Laserdisc, DVD]
- janet. — Virgin Records [VHS, Laserdisc]
- Design of a Decade 1986/1996 — A&M Records [VHS, Laserdisc, DVD]
- The Velvet Rope Tour - Live in Concert [VHS, Laserdisc, DVD]
- Live in Hawaii
- From Janet to Damita Jo: The Videos